After 3 hours, and a messy kitchen I can safely say I did not know how simple this process was,
or what skill there is to grasp in order to get consistent results.
- More paper/ pulp and water make it easier to work with
- This video tutorial, while a little goofy at first, took us through the process well enough to dive in
- An 8x10 wood frame worked well as a mold. (the top part)
- Corn husks do not make blenders happy. Grass is ok.
- Pouring a layer, adding a leaf or larger item and then pouring another layer keeps items from peeling
- Glitter gets everywhere
- If using colored cardstock, dish towels turn rainbow colored when ironing
- Metal screen works better than fiberglass
- Here's a little history to go with paper-making lessons. Imagine having Vat Man as your job title!